Die großen Maßstäbe
Antwort schreiben

1/24 Revell Cobra with a twist

7. Jan 2011, 18:24

Happy New Year my German brothers. It's been a long time since I put something up so here goes. Here's a project that I'm working on right now. It's a 1/24 Revell Cobra with a twist. I wanted a little more detail so I'm using a Momogram 1/24 Cobra static kit for parts. I have all the original parts from the Revell kit but they were so basic I decided to do this. All the holes were filled and re drilled to fit the new parts. I also modified the side of the body to take side pipes. Some of the other parts were modified to fit the Revell body. Why do all this on a Revell body? Why not modified the static kit body? I wanted to keep most of this slot car original. The car will need another primer then a good sanding and it's ready for a blue and white stripe paint job. I'll update this post when the car is done. Modifying this car was no easy task. It took a long time. It looks easy but it was a real pain to line up the holes to fit the new parts.

Note... I do have spinners for the wheels but forgot to shoot them.

Note... The company hosting my images went out of business. I have to redo "everything".... dear me;(

Bild

7. Jan 2011, 18:24

Re: 1/24 Revell Cobra with a twist

13. Jan 2011, 17:16

Here's the Cobra with some paint. I painted the stripes rather than use decals. The car is clear coated but not yet polished. I light sand then polish. I think about 6 to 8 hours polish time will be needed here. So, this is what it looks like before polish. Needless to say, the better you lay the paint on the less time in polishing. I have around 3 cans of clear on this body. I'll post the body polished later.

Bild

14. Jan 2011, 02:04

tststs,
was will bosmeck da noch polieren, nach 3 Schichten Klarlack - damit der Wasser besser abläuft?? :daumen
das wird wieder das überhammergeile Auto.
Respekt und alle Hochachtung - gibt es nen Smile wo den Hut zieht??

14. Jan 2011, 06:01

Great Paintjob with superior Finish, a Dream :daumen

14. Jan 2011, 22:38

Whether I do also once so?

Best wishes,

ecki

17. Jan 2011, 17:56

Body is polished. Some minor things to fix but no big deal. I've also done a chassis fit. I lowered the chassis to the body a little to get a real nice stance. The driver is painted. I'll add some more detail to the driver later. Now for the chrome and glass fitting.

Bild

17. Jan 2011, 23:45

wooohoo, very nice, dear!

Such PERFECT result i have never seen!
amazing :clap2 :clap2

how you polished the car, can you tell me?

Best regards

Daniel

18. Jan 2011, 17:53

Hi bosmeck!
With the polish you have reached a very high ending surface. A real good job! I wish I could put some of your perfection on my models! ( has anyone already tested the "drag and drop function" to do this? :mrgreen: )

18. Jan 2011, 20:39

:daumen2 great job!

19. Jan 2011, 20:58

Well I'm finally finished with the Cobra. Here are some pics of the car. You'll notice I've left the windows unglued. I've given the Cobra a 2nd window screen so if this was to be raced then all that needs to be done is to change out the window. A long project but it seem to come out well in the end.

Bild
Antwort schreiben

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Bau, USA, Mode, Erde, Bild

Impressum | Datenschutz